New resources developed by Duke-Margolis Center for Health Policy and the Association of Immunization Managers (AIM), with support from The Rockefeller Foundation, for school leaders on how schools can serve as critical access points for students and families to receive COVID-19 vaccines:
- FAQ for School Leaders: Successful Strategies for Vaccination in School Settings
- Infographic: COVID-19 Vaccination for Children Under 12: How schools can prepare to be vaccination sites
- Infographic: Communication Strategies for Promoting COVID-19 Vaccination in Schools
These resources were developed based on input from school leaders, state and local public health officials, pediatricians, and other stakeholders in the immunization community. In September 2021, Duke-Margolis and AIM hosted a virtual symposium on School-Located Vaccination Strategies to Increase Child and Adolescent Immunization Rates During the COVID-19 Pandemic, which highlighted promising practices and strategies for addressing challenges related to building vaccine confidence and hosting vaccination clinics in school settings. You can view a video of the event and access symposium materials here.
Additional resources for school-located vaccination include:
- AIM's School-Located Vaccination Clinics Toolkit features reports, learning modules, and resources for schools and immunization partners. AIM and the National Association of School Nurses have released a checklist and a tip sheet that provide detailed information for stakeholders interested in planning and implementing school-located vaccination clinics.
- Duke-Margolis partnered with the COVID Collaborative, the Council of the Great City Schools, National Rural Education Association, Rural Schools Collaborative, and AASA: The School Superintendents Association to develop an issue brief on Innovative Strategies for Leveraging Schools as COVID-19 Vaccination Sites.
- The Rockefeller Foundation, the U.S. Department of Education, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention are partnering to launch a learning network for school and district leaders to help them start and strengthen routine Covid-19 testing programs in schools. Register here.
About the COVID Collaborative
The COVID Collaborative is a national assembly of experts, leaders and institutions in health, education and the economy and associations representing the diversity of the country to turn the tide on the pandemic by supporting federal, state and local COVID-19 response efforts. To learn more, visit www.CovidCollaborative.us, and follow the COVID Collaborative on Twitter and LinkedIn.