The Rural Educator is a research journal focused on issues facing rural and small schools. The journal is organized by our partners at the National Rural Education Association. NREA keeps track of the topics that garner the most engagement in the journal and report them in a top 10 list semi-annually. Below are the top 10 downloaded articles from July - December 2022, as reported by the NREA. We invite you to check out any articles of interest!
You can always read the latest issue of The Rural Educator by visiting ruraleducator.info, and you can help the editors and give feedback to authors by becoming a reviewer. To sign up to be a reviewer, complete the reviewer registration form here. Follow the Rural Educator on Twitter @EducatorRural.
The Top 10 Downloaded Rural Educator Articles from July - December 2022
- The Four-Day School Week: Impact on Student Academic Performance
- Addressing Teacher Shortages in Rural America: What Factors Encourage Teachers to Consider Teaching in Rural Settings?
- Involving the Parents of English Language Learners in a Rural Area: Focus on the Dynamics of Teacher-Parent Interactions
- Three Midwest Rural School Districts' First Year Transition to the Four Day School Week: Parents' Perspectives
- Rural School Consolidation: History, Research Summary, Conclusions, and Recommendations
- A Synthesis of International Rural Education Issues and Responses
- Safety at Schools: Identifying the Costs Associated with the Necessary Safeguards for Arming Educators
- Rural Education: Attracting and Retaining Teachers in Small Schools
- A Brief Summary of Teacher Recruitment and Retention in the Smallest Illinois Rural Schools
- Technology Use in Rural Schools: A Study of a Rural High School Trying to Use iPads in the Classroom