The Rural Schools Collaborative's mission is to support public education through place-based engagement, rural philanthropy, and developing teacher leaders. Since our launch in 2015, RSC's work has been driven by action plans that have been generated and approved by our board of directors. Under the leadership of current board chair Jim Beddow, the board approved the following action plan for our current fiscal year.
We look forward to sharing our progress and accomplishments later this summer.
2017-18 Action Plan—Approved by the Rural Schools Collaborative board of directors during their October 25, 2018 board meeting in Springfield, Missouri.
- Develop appropriate 2017-18 Grants in Place protocols for specific Hubs and partners.
- Host winter and spring Hub webinars for sharing best practices, professional development and program ideas.
- Work with Hubs and partners to explore rural teacher corps initiatives outside of the traditional higher education setting.
- Launch a pilot project that begins teacher career exploration at the middle school level.
- Develop and implement a peer-appropriate communications plan that links, highlights, and empowers rural teacher corps members.
- Reaffirm the Rural School Collaborative’s commitment to locally controlled public schools and host a related conference call for partners and Hubs on local, regional or statewide advocacy efforts.
- Work with Teton Science Schools to explore a partnership with the Place Schools Network.