The Rural Schools Collaborative board of directors, under the leadership of 2016-17 chair Renee Carr, approved a previously proposed organizational action plan during its November 16, 2016 board of directors meeting. RSC's annual action plans drive the ongoing and mission-driven work of the organization.
Action Plan for 2016-17
- Enhance and approve a revised organizational Belief Statement, Mission Statement, and Scope of Work.
- Approve and act upon a three-year capitalization strategy that will provide adequate operations support for July 1, 2017 through June 30, 2020.
- Explore and consider national-level partnerships that would augment the Collaborative’s work.
- Advance the Rural Teacher Corps through a webinar/videoconference, researching other potential partners while continuing to explore the different elements of the concept.
- Move forward with an organizational structure that includes hubs and key point people and formalizing the roles of partners.
- Survey 2015-16 Grants in Place recipients to help determine the impact of RSC’s inaugural teacher-centered grant program.
We invite you to contact us if you would like to become involved in our work. Happy New Year!
May 31, 2022
In partnership with the Rural Education Center (REC) at Kansas State University (KSU)
April 11, 2022
The Rural Schools Collaborative Team drives to the Missouri Ozarks to see local partners
March 24, 2022
RSC visited our Northern California hub to attend the North State Together Summit! The event celebrated regional collaboration, data, and equity.