The Rural Schools Collaborative board of directors, under the leadership of 2016-17 chair Renee Carr, approved a previously proposed organizational action plan during its November 16, 2016 board of directors meeting. RSC's annual action plans drive the ongoing and mission-driven work of the organization.
Action Plan for 2016-17
- Enhance and approve a revised organizational Belief Statement, Mission Statement, and Scope of Work.
- Approve and act upon a three-year capitalization strategy that will provide adequate operations support for July 1, 2017 through June 30, 2020.
- Explore and consider national-level partnerships that would augment the Collaborative’s work.
- Advance the Rural Teacher Corps through a webinar/videoconference, researching other potential partners while continuing to explore the different elements of the concept.
- Move forward with an organizational structure that includes hubs and key point people and formalizing the roles of partners.
- Survey 2015-16 Grants in Place recipients to help determine the impact of RSC’s inaugural teacher-centered grant program.
We invite you to contact us if you would like to become involved in our work. Happy New Year!
November 23, 2021
Highlights from a fall visit to our Driftless Regional Hub partners at UW-Platteville
November 22, 2021
RSC team visits Iowa partners and an innovative rural school