Support for Teachers
We believe in the power of teacher-leaders.
The Rural Schools Collaborative’s Grants in Place program is a modest grant program that encourages rural school district teachers across the country to engage their students in place-based learning. We believe that place-based education gives meaning to learning, strengthens the bonds between school and community, and instills pride in the cultures and histories of rural places and small towns.
Grants in Place awards are presented to teachers whose projects focus on the basic tenets of place-based education: teaching and learning that is embedded in community with a public purpose. Any rural public school classroom teacher in the United States may apply.
- Teachers outside of the Missouri Ozarks region should apply for a 2017-18 Grants in Place award by completing our application instructions. The deadline for these applications is April 15, 2017.
- Missouri Ozarks applications for the Rural Schools Partnership application. Have closed.
- South Dakota teachers have until May 5th for applying to our partner program: Growing Together Better.
- We also encourage teachers from west central Minnesota to apply due to support funding from the West Central Initiative.
- You can learn more about previously funded projects on our Grants in Place page.
Check out more ways to Get Involved with the Rural Schools Collaborative community or contact us today at email@example.com
Want to learn more? Check out more ways to Get Involved with the Rural Schools Collaborative community.